Roxolid implants – Better Material for Dental ImplantsSeptember 3, 2018
Treating Gum Disease – How To Get Rid Of Gum InfectionSeptember 3, 2018
In the past, individual patients who have been considered appropriate candidates for teeth implants needed to deal with lengthy surgery, frequently leading to prolonged discomfort and healing especially if the surgeon finds out there is no bone for dental implants. Furthermore, dental implant surgery could become complicated if there are vital nerves next to the planned implant site.
Fortunately, with ever-evolving computer guidance technology that can help to locate exactly the perfect location for implant positioning, the process is now much faster and much more reliable. For a lot of people who might not have had the ability to receive teeth implants because of questionable bone volume for support, might now have the ability to undergo the process having a much-enhanced possibility of success!
So How Exactly Does the Guided Dental Implant Surgery Work?
Guided Dental Implant Surgery considerably enhances the process through the use of a mechanical Tomography (CT) Scan. This three dimensional imaging allows implant dental practitioners to
visualize the precise topography of the jawbone. This causes it to be a much easier process to discover the detailed anatomy of the jaw.
Benefits of Guided Dental Implant Surgery
- Precise Placement of the dental implant
- Much shorter surgery
- Eliminate the requirement for large incisions and opening of the gum tissue to visualize the bone.
- Faster healing time
- Precisely placed implants reduce the requirement for bone grafts and improve both comfort and bite positioning
- Removes the chance that patients discover they can’t have an implant because of insufficient bone after the surgery has started
Guided Dental Implant Surgery Procedure
- A CT scan of the patient’s jawbone is taken. The scan discloses the form of the jawbone together with important particulars for example density, width, and quantity of the bone. These details help Dr. Khoury discover the ideal place for implants.
- Dr. Sam Khoury uses the scan to build a surgical guide for the precise positioning (location, position, depth) of the implant, which considerably cuts down on the surgical time.
- The jawbone fuses towards the teeth implants during the period of 8 weeks
- Throughout this time around a retainer could be worn temporarily especially for cosmetic reasons.
- After the implants integrate with your jawbone, custom crowns are made to the integrated implant. These will mirror the color of the remaining teeth for much better appearance.
Everyone deserves a healthy, brilliant smile – and Dental Implant & Periodontal Surgeons, P.C. is committed to making that happen with the mutual care and treatment of Drs. Sam Khoury and Juan Carlos Cabrera.
We believe that teamwork is the ultimate way for comprehensive patient care. Drs. Khoury & Cabrera utilize the latest in cutting edge technology, such as the PiezoSurgery, Guided Dental Implant Surgery and also perform clinical studies on regeneration of bone. Finally, for patient comfort, they both utilize IV Sedation (Sleep Dentistry) and controlled delivery of local anesthesia with the Wand anesthesia machine.
We welcome your patients to our office and trust that they will be highly cared for.